When in Cape Town ..... Ou Meul Bakery

During my recent long weekend in the Cape, I popped into the Ou Meul bakery, situated in Long Street, for a quick breakfast. However, once inside I quickly realised that this is a place that is great for, well...NOT quick. It is a great place to linger a bit longer, especially on one of the high window seats at the long counter facing the street. This bakery is the new branch of the original one in Riversonderend, which is famous for its homemade pies. Their pie range is indeed elaborate, but they serve a variety of other sandwiches, salads and pastries. I loved the atmosphere and the great coffee and if I worked in the Cape Town CBD, I think that this great spot would often see me, just to find some respite from the madness.








You can visit their website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment