When in Cape Town ..... My Basaar

Maybe its because in the last year I developed a new appreciation for (at least parts of) the Johannesburg CBD, but my recent weekend in Cape Town had a bit of a “let’s rediscover the city centre” theme to it. Another great spot to sit at a big window counter and watch the world go by in the Cape Town CBD is My Basaar, a restaurant owned by chef and author Bernice van der Merwe. I drove past and was immediately in love with the fantastic exterior – exposed brick, huge windows and a striking logo. When my sister told me it is owned by her friend Bernice, I knew I had to go back later in the weekend. So, in between my brother’s work commitments, I took him to My Bazaar for a cup of coffee. The interior is all black, white and navy blue, crisp clean lines with big chalk boards on the wall displaying the menu on offer. It looks like a great lunch spot and I will have to put My Basaar on my next to-do list when in Cape Town, not least because I am intrigued to find out the backstory to the name!








You can like My Basaar on Facebook here.

No comments:

Post a Comment