Green thumbs

I mentioned in a previous post that I took my little boy to a nursery to buy plants.




The plants were delivered last week and even my gardener who helped me to plant the new additions, looked slightly amused that I brought home yet again another purple and white collection. Can’t help it – are yellow flowers really that pretty compared to a lavender in full bloom or a white iris with splashes of purple? But who knows - maybe in a couple of years I will pull everything out and go big on yellow and red?!!



What I actually wanted to write about today is the gem of a nursery that I use. David Webb Nursery is located about 12km’s from Fourways/Northgate on a plot on Copperhouse Road. David Webb has been in the landscaping industry for more than 40 years, supplying only to other landscapers and retail nurseries. Luckily for us, the nursery is also open to the public now. 


Driving through the gates, what struck me everytime is how tranquil it is, and that the plants are so well-looked after. That alone is almost refreshing in a way – this is a NURSERY, and it does not attempt to be a lifestyle emporium, coffee venue and kid’s entertainment area as well… The staff are always friendly, helpful and exceptionally knowledgeable. Add to that the wholesale prices, and it is definitely worth the drive.






David Web Nursery, Plot 93, Copperhouse Roud, Nooitgedacht. Cell: 083 225 9532 
Image credits: All photography by me


And before I say goodbye to you today, can I share these lovely kiddies’ garden accessories with you? How cute is the birdseed bungee jumper?




Image credits: All images from Hen and Hammock 1) sack of outdoor games 2) Mr McGregor gardening gift set 3) Birdseed bungee jumper 4) Mini Bugs


2 comments:

  1. I used David Webbs nursery for many years when I was " doing" gardens.Cant beat them. Miss David and Louisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now I'm doing another new garden Im delighted to see Anna and Earnest still there after all these years.New plants put in 2 weeks ago are thriving and a fraction of the cost elsewhere.One happy gardener ...that's me !

    ReplyDelete