Papachinos

Friends of ours are in South Africa from the UK and their internet search looking for a child friendly restaurant to meet their friends for a late Sunday breakfast, led them to Papachino’s, a group of restaurants with branches in Silverlakes, Midrand, Pineslopes and Clearwater. 





We met at the Midrand branch. Now, I’ve been to my fair share of child friendly restaurants in the past four and a half years, but I would dare to say this place is now the granddaddy of them all. With two fully supervised kiddies play areas and a “racing track”, the kids were in playground heaven. 








The best feature, to my mind, was their kiddies ‘make and bake’ pizza experience. Children can roll their own dough, and can then choose four toppings to put on their pizzas. Looked like lots of fun, even though those small faces were all scrunched up in concentration. The pizzas are then baked in a traditional wood fired oven. 


 



In my ongoing quest to be a tourist in my own home town, it felt like a tour victory for a visiting Pommie side to be shown this place by them, but I can’t complain too much: in the words of Miss Stevie Smith (also English!) - “A good time was had by all.” 


You can visit their website here of like their Facebook page.

Image credits: All photography my be

No comments:

Post a Comment