Bite in Greenside

I am always on the lookout for a nice sushi take-away place in our neck of the woods. I won’t name and shame, but my “local” once served me sashimi with a fish bone in it!! A friend recommended Bite in Greenside. So, with all these public holidays recently, the three of us decided to go and see for ourselves. And since we had the time, we sat down for lunch in the restaurant located at 137 Greenway Street. It is an Asian/Japanese restaurant and the sushi did not disappoint. I liked the recently refurbished décor and I loved the fact that you can buy champagne by the glass.

By the way, I learned some time ago that the wasabi we eat outside of Japan is not the real thing. Wasabi is a root plant that grows wild on river banks in Japan or is cultivated in running water for its roots, but it is relatively difficult and expensive to cultivate. What we eat and buy in our supermarkets, even if the label says wasabi, is a mixture of horseradish, mustard and green food colouring.









You can visit their website here.


Image credits: All photography by me

No comments:

Post a Comment