From my library

I am not sure why, but looking back at the first few months of this year I made some unlucky book choices. I never stop reading a book once I start, but lately I’ve been tempted more often than usual. Take for example the much acclaimed The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch or The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach – the first one I stopped halfway and I laboured through The Art right up to the last page, trying to find out why it got such rave reviews.

But someone who deserves every single accolade that comes his way is Deon Meyer. I love his books. Only problem is, I have now read all of them (So, Dear Mr Meyer, just in case you are reading my blog (one never knows :-), don’t sit on your latest manuscript. I know Christmas time is a really good time to publish and that your editors are probably waiting for that additional Christmas boost to launch, but that is still more than half a year away. C’mon man, just publish it and stop the torture!)

So, including the last of the Deon Meyer novels, it seems that everything evened out in the end, because my favourite books turned out to be extraordinary. If you are looking for something to read, try Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese, The Paris Wife by Paula McLain and Sister by Rosamund Lupton. They are all, in my mind, brilliant.





Image credits: Photo taken by me; all book covers from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment