Happy new year

It is 2012!! I hope you’re having a great holiday! Tomorrow its "back to work" for a lot of people, but not yet for me. I am still spending time in the Karoo with my family at my parents’ hotel in Britstown (will post about it tomorrow). When I say ‘Karoo’, this may not conjure up ‘holiday’ for a lot of people, but a lot of time was spent at the swimming pool, drinking cola tonics, sunbathing and reading – it’s exactly like Hermanus with less traffic :-). During one of our days in Britstown, we took the car and went on a daytrip to neighbouring Victoria West, and, like much of the rest of the Karoo, this is a town that you see absolutely nothing of if you simply drive through there on the way south. Talking about trips, we’ve decided to take a bit of a road trip on our way back to Johannesburg, taking in a few interesting Freestate towns. So, for the next couple of days, I would like to share with you our holiday memories. 

According to the ancient Mayan calendar, by this time next year it will all have gone up in smoke. However, my wish for you all is that 2012 will be a year in which you love, learn, live it up, and in general have much to be thankful for!! Remember to wear sunscreen, to dream and to travel (even the daily school trip can be turned into a roadtrip!)


Image credits: Motherland Design

No comments:

Post a Comment